[Tweeters] Seattle Carolina Wren reported on ebird

Wayne Weber contopus at telus.net
Mon Mar 17 11:22:45 PDT 2014

Tweeters,

In my opinion, this is almost certainly a misidentified Bewick's Wren. Most
of the description, including the song, could easily apply to a Bewick's
Wren.

Carolina Wrens are non-migratory and are almost never reported outside the
species' normal range, so the chance of this being a real Carolina Wren is
miniscule.

Wayne C. Weber

Delta, BC

contopus at telus.net