[Tweeters] California Quail in Ballard!

Pat Fallon phunkyhawk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 16:59:25 PDT 2014

Was riding down 24th Ave NW in Seattle today around 2:45 trying to make the
farm Market today when I spotted 3 pigeons foraging under a parked car that
didn't seem quite right.... As I passed I noticed they bottom half of the
bird seemed heavy and on top of the head were plumes!!!

I didn't an immediate u turn and got to watch the small covey of 3 pass
across busy 24th Ave. (this was between 67th and 70th Streets)
I was very excited because though I have though I had heard quail in some
of the thicker parks before I have never seen one in Seattle!

Do people raise quail like chickens around here? Could they have been
escaped birds? Either way it made me happy!

Enjoy the emerging spring!

Pat