[Tweeters] Stillwater yesterday; Othello Sandhill Crane Festival!!!

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 16 15:06:42 PDT 2014

Hi all,
Delia and I had a pleasant mid-morning visit to the Snoqualmie Valley yesterday. (Sorry for the late report).

Tree Swallows were back,  with a nesting-size presence of birds seemingly throughout the valley--we went up to May Creek.  Similar for Rufous Hummingbird males.  We didn't observe any Violet-greens.

A Spotted Sandpiper was on the banks of the swollen Snoqualmie at Stillwater.  Lincoln's, Fox and Golden-crowned Sparrows, were there and a Ruby-crowned Kinglet  and lots of Brown Creepers were singing.  A Harrier at May Creek. A Ring-necked Pheasant in Carnation. Didn't see any Kestrels, hear any Bitterns or observe any Ravens.

A male Long-tailed Weasel tripped across a slough on a fallen log in about 3 seconds--a great sighting for Delia, a missed-mustelid for me.

In other news don't miss the OTHELLO SANDHILL CRANE FESTIVAL.

Featured speakers are Max Smith and Sarah Swanson on Must-see Birds of the Pacific Northwest and Noah Strycher:  Insights for humans from the Amazing Lives of Birds.

Plus many lectures workshops and tours!

here is the link:
http://www.othellosandhillcranefestival.org/

Thanks everyone,