[Tweeters] Skagit County birds

Scott scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 15 22:46:26 PDT 2014

Tweeters:

Anne Winskie and I were out in the field today and despite windy and at times rainy weather, we found a few of interest.
Among them:

Canvasback 2 (Beaver Lake)
Black Scoter 1 (seen from W-90 dike looking toward Hat I.)
Harlan's type Red-tailed Hawk 1 (near Edison)
Greater Yellowlegs 3 (W-90 dike, migrants)
Rufous Hummingbird 1 (Skagit WMA off Wylie Rd)
Tree Swallows (many over Beaver Lake)
Am. Pipit 1 (W-90 dike)
Savannah Sparrow 4 (migrants at W-90 dike)

The swans and Snow Geese are thinning out on Fir Island and Samish Flats. No sign of the large Snow Goose flock near
Thomas and Field rds that had the juv. Ross' Goose recently.

Scott Atkinson
Lake Stevens
mail to: scottratkinson at hotmail.com