[Tweeters] Banded bird ID / Caryn/Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Fri Mar 14 10:58:23 PDT 2014

This is what I have so far from USGS.

I will send photos to those requesting as soon as I get home :

Wow! So this bird has Leucism which results in a whitening of the pigment in its feathers. Its something like a partial albino. The amount of white in this bird makes it difficult to identify but I'm pretty sure its an Oregon Junco like the one in the background of _DSC1034. The bands appear to be pink over metal on the left leg and green over red on the right leg. We do not have a direct match in our database so I'll have to contact the local bander using color bands on Junco. Hopefully someone will claim it.

Caryn / Wedgwood

Sent from my iPhone