[Tweeters] Lewis River Bald Eagle Feast

Wilson Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Thu Mar 13 20:37:16 PDT 2014

Susan and I toured the Woodland Bottoms in Cowlitz County this afternoon. Pretty slow birding until we got to the mouth of the Lewis River where over 45 BALD EAGLES were dipping smelt out of the river, The large number of gulls on the Columbia River point to a large smelt run. We haven't had a good run on the Columbia River for many years and this will be a major infusion of protein into the entire ecosystem. In past years they have made it to the base of Bonneville Dam. Wilson Cady
Columbia River Gorge, WA