[Tweeters] Re: Kitsap Lake Tufted Duck YES

Jason Hernandez jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 20:20:46 PDT 2014

I saw it Sunday, too, thanks to some other birders with scopes.  However, one of those other birders was a bit skeptical; he was trying to make sure it really was a tufted, and not a ring-necked duck (he criticized what he called "zebra hunting," i.e. figuratively wondering whether the horse you hear clopping along outside might actually be a zebra).  It is true I did not see a tuft; but the flanks did appear pure white to me, not two-toned gray and white like a field-guide ring-necked.  Still, before I record the sighting definitively, I would like verification by other observers of definitive field marks one way or the other.

Jason Hernandez
Bremerton (why does it matter, since I already said where the sighting was?)