[Tweeters] Nisqually

Patricia Quyle Grainger paq at olypen.com
Mon Mar 10 09:24:29 PDT 2014

Dave & I spent the weekend birding at Nisqually, Saturday in rain, and Sunday in some sunshine. The highlight, of course, was seeing the 3 young Great Horned owls, perched together on a branch, looking like healthy fluff balls! Taking over the owl nest is a Canada Goose, with her mate in another tree, standing guard. Also saw N. Harrier, Brown Creeper, and Yellow-rump Warblers. In the ponds and waterways, we saw Pie-billed Grebe, Ring-necked Ducks, Hooded Mergansers, lots of Shovelers, Wigeons, some Gadwalls, Green-winged Teals, and Pintails.

Beautiful place to appreciate the many signs of spring!

Pat Grainger
Port Townsend
paq at olypen.com

Sent from my iPad