[Tweeters] Woodland Bottoms - Prairie Falcon

Russ Koppendrayer russkope at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 17:06:01 PST 2014

Hi Tweeters,

This afternoon I spent some time birding the Woodland Bottoms in the wind
and rain. Feeling like a weather wimp I was only out of my car briefly on a
couple occasions. Once was along Guild Rd just east of the last house
before the dead end, where I scoped a PRAIRIE FALCON that was on a power
pole cross bar about 100 yards out in a field.

At the end of Guild Road there was still a remaining ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK.
Along Whalen Rd 0.25 miles west of Kuhnis road was a pure flock of 34
GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GEESE.

I spent some time looking from my car for the Say's Phoebe that has been
present along the Lewis River gravel road dike without success, but it
could have been smart enough to hunker down out of the weather.

Russ Koppendrayer
Longview, WA