[Tweeters] Kitsap Lk - Tufted Duck and Belfair SP

Marcus Roening Marcus.D.Roening at gsk.com
Fri Mar 7 19:08:34 PST 2014

Hi Tweets,

I was working in Bremerton on Friday, so I took advantage of the sunshine and successfully relocated the male Tufted Duck on the north end of Kitsap Lake in Kitsap County. Best access is on the south end of the lake at the public boat launch. There is a camp on the westside towards the north end of the lake that is under construction and does provide a limited view of the north end of the lake with actual space to park.

I continued on south and west to Belfair State Park in Mason County and picked up the Willet and the Marbled Godwit feeding together off the mouth of the river at low tide with the setting sun. And as a note for folks who are trying to find the Western Grebes, there was a flock of 210 - certainly the largest I've seen in some time.

Good birding,

Marcus Roening
Tacoma WA
marcus.d.roening at GSK.com