[Tweeters] Re: Snowy Owl Irruption video

Paul Bannick paul.bannick at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 20:50:59 PST 2014

Hi Barb,

The piece came out today.

I was asked to do this piece over the summer before we knew there would be
an irruption, so it was actually inspired by the irruption and echo
irruptions of 2011/2012 and 2012/2013. I chose the shoot location,
messages and words, although as you can imagine they cut down the
interviews quite a bit.

If we had experienced another irruption or an echo-irruption i would have
been out West, but with the birds in large numbers East, i scouted
locations with snow.

We did get lots of press with our irruption in 2011/2012 including an piece
that NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams that included Brian Bell and me.
You can view those clips at:
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-news/46228719
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-news/46228248

I hope everyone enjoys revisiting our owls.

Paul

Paul L. Bannick
Nature and Bird Photography
www.paulbannick.com