[Tweeters] RFI: confusing EBird posts

Ann Wood annmariewood at comcast.net
Mon Mar 3 10:13:02 PST 2014

I confess to being a county lister and am grateful to all of you who share your sightings.

My question is about Ebird reports with an x entered for the number of species seen.

What does it mean? Is it a missed target of an uncertain id?

It appears that listers use it in a variety of ways, e.g., for introduced species or huge flocks; for everything but the target sp., etc.

I'd be interested in hearing how and when you use the x in lieu of a number count.

Thanks ,
Ann Marie Wood
annmariewood at comcast.net

Sent from my iPhone