[Tweeters] Eared Grebe, Palm Warbler & Gr. Wh. Fr. Geese at Cedar mouth

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 1 16:13:41 PST 2014

Hi All,

Delia and I & Brian and David Pendleton saw an Eared Grebe swimming among Horned Grebes and what must be the same 4 Greater White-fronted Geese that Marvin Hoekstra reported in mid Feb at Gene Coulon Park this morning, plus a Belted Kingfisher, a Pied-billed Grebe and two Great Blue Heron.

We also found the Palm Warbler briefly and a Yellow-rumped by the mouth of the Cedar, where Bufflehead, both Goldeneye and Hooded and Common Mergansers were actively foraging--a nice scene despite the scant habitat and cold temps.

Best

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com