[Tweeters] RE: Missing Pine Siskins

Malcolm Mano manomalcolm at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 30 15:45:50 PDT 2014

Pine Siskins have been absent from our feeders for over a year. Typically we have a lot during the fall and winter and less during the spring and summer. But for over a year - zip!

Rufous Hummingbirds in abundance! They seem to go hand in hand with Western Tanagers. Last weekend the male Pileated Woodpecker brought a fledgling female to the suet feeder. Northern Flickers have fledged as well. Downy, Hairy and Red-breasted Sapsucker all fledged weeks ago. One such sapsucker was using my birdbath during the last heat spell. Band-tailed Pigeons continue to visit the birdfeeders and yesterday, the first fledgling Black-headed Grosbeaks were at the feeders with a male.

Good Birding,
Ruth Mano
Everett,WA
------