[Tweeters] Mystery birds at Tahuya

Jason Hernandez jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 21:07:14 PDT 2014

I was walking into Tahuya State Forest last Sunday along Scarification Road when I saw a group of four birds.  They were about robin size, and my first impression was robins.  But on further observation -- they did not behave like robins; they repeatedly glided downward from a high branch of one tree to a lower branch of another, something I have never seen robins do.  Also, they looked like perhaps they had proportionally longer tails than robins.  Unfortunately, I was unable to get a good enough look to see any colors or markings other than the brown on the wings that most birds have when poorly seen, and maybe (or maybe not) thin white edges on the tail.  Anyone seen this before?

Jason Hernandez
Bremerton
jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com