[Tweeters] Greater Shearwater

Tyler Hicks uplandsandpiper at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 29 08:29:07 PDT 2014

Hi all,
I was about 45 miles off the Columbia River estuary out of Ilwaco last week fishing for tuna. I encountered many of the usual pelagics but while chumming with dead anchovies I caught sight of a Greater Shearwater. Seems like they are becoming more common off our coast. The numbers of Vellela vellela jellyfish are absolutely astounding. Large numbers of phalaropes and storm-petrels seem to be concentrated around the large rafts of live and dead jellyfish.
Cheers,
Tyler Hicks
E: uplandsandpiper at hotmail.com
W: http://www.thingswithwings.org