[Tweeters] Pine Siskins present at higher elevation

Jim Danzenbaker jdanzenbaker at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 16:07:53 PDT 2014

Hi Tweeters,

I had flyover Pine Siskin(s) from the yard (Battle Ground, Clark County)
yesterday as well as on July 23rd. I also had a flyover at Ridgefield NWR
on July 25th while looking at the shorebirds. Haven't had any at the
feeders yet. They're back!

Keep your eyes and ears skyward.

Jim in Battle Ground

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 3:57 PM, Michael Brown <michael at flycatcherfile.com>
wrote:

> I saw two this morning on South Hill outside Puyallup, near the woods

> south of Ballou Junior High. They were flushed by a man running his dogs on

> the fields.

> *Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID*

> Bob Sundstrom <ixoreus at scattercreek.com> wrote:

> Have led trips in latter July to both Chinook Pass and Hurricane Ridge.

> Siskins were conspicuous at both of these areas in conifers, among the most

> often seen birds.

> Good birding, Bob

> Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 27, 2014, at 8:48 PM, "James P. Beneteau" <beneteau at wavecable.com>

> wrote:

> > Saw a pair of pine siskins at my feeders north of Arlington this

> morning! First ones I've seen (other than a couple at Stevens Pass) since

> last September.

> > Jim Beneteau

> > Arlington, Wa

Jim Danzenbaker