[Tweeters] Pine Siskins

Jana Henderson janahen95 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 12:31:21 PDT 2014

Re: Pine Siskins

Good for you Jim. Still none seen here in Puyallup for this season.
I can tell the heat has had an effect on the woodpeckers a lot too.
Usually by this time would be the time of year when the Daddy Pileated
Woodpecker starts to bring the new baby and feed it mouth to mouth,
still has not happened yet. That is usually mid-late July to early
August each year. I have not been seeing the Downy, Hairy, Pileated's
or too many Flickers either. Just one or two Flickers and a couple
Nuthatches, couple Goldfinches, couple Juncos, but quite a few
Chickadees. I just looked at the journal and looks like I have not
seen a Pileated since 7/15 and it was a male and appeared to look
younger but it was eating on it's own and on 7/21 I only just heard
one call that evening but never did it come to eat. Out of all the
birds I would say the Chickadees and Red-breasted Nuthatch have
appeared to not be bothered the most by the hot weather, besides
hummingbirds. The hummers love the Bee Balm. Hope you continue to
get to see them. I have for sure missed them this season.

Jana Henderson,
Puyallup, WA