[Tweeters] Midway/Grayland & Bottle Beach Saturday

Karen Wosilait kwseattle at clearwire.net
Sat Jul 19 21:39:01 PDT 2014

This afternoon I drove the beach between Twin Harbors and Midway and saw many of the same birds as Blair reported earlier. (I didn't pick out any Leasts or Semipalmated Sandpipers though.). The highlight was 5 Snowy Plovers in two groups that were pretty widely separated, but all in the Grayland/Midway area.

I also enjoyed huge flocks of (mostly) Heerman's Gulls near Twin Harbors.

Before high tide this evening, Bottle Beach had 200+ dowitchers, 50+ Black-bellied Plovers, around 200 Westerns, 20 or so Semipalmated Plovers and a Dunlin.

Caspian Terns were out in force on both beaches.

Karen Wosilait
kwseattle @ uwalumni.com
Seattle

Sent from my iPhone