[Tweeters] Birds of North America database

pan panmail at fastmail.fm
Sat Jul 19 17:27:56 PDT 2014

All,

Martin's right about that next sentence about Great Blue Herons.

["In the Food Habits section: Drinking, Pellet-casting, And Defecation.
"Mammal hair is cast in pellets, and bones are digested."

For another fascinating piece of heron trivia you should go to BNA
(subscribe)
and read the sentence after the one quoted here..."]

I write to remind Seattle residents that your library card gets you
access to the public library's subscription to Birds of North America
<http://bna.birds.cornell.edu.ezproxy.spl.org:2048/bna/>.

Other library systems may also have such.

Now we need to work on the new(er) Handbook of Birds of the World
database.

Cheers,

Alan Grenon
Seattle