[Tweeters] odd sighting at Nisqually

Terry Sargent Peart terry.peart at outlook.com
Tue Jul 15 19:43:47 PDT 2014

Wow, that is exactly what I saw, but with a Yellow Warbler. Thank you all who responded. I am now a little more educated.
Terry P.West Seattle

Hi Terry, Most likely your poor yellow warbler was feeding a juvenile cowbird. Cowbirds lay their eggs in the nests of warblers for preference. Here’s a link to a photo of a common yellowthroat feeding a cowbird baby, for comparison with what you saw. http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/PHOTO/LARGE/3760839352_4e75bc0b3e_b.jpg Louise RutterKirkland