[Tweeters] Edmonds Marsh Sandpipers 7-7-14

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 08:48:55 PDT 2014

The great autumn sandpiper hunt of 2014 continues at the Edmonds marsh and I keep hoping to spot the reported (rumored?) pectoral sandpiper.  The bright
sunshine reflecting and radiating off the mudflats continues to make photography difficult.  It probably raises
havoc with high powered spotting scopes as well.

I have always wondered if the biannual sandpiper migration draws falcons.  I may have photographed one of our local eagles trying to steal a sandpiper that had been caught by a falcon.

Scroll down page 39 for my latest photos.

http://www.pnwphotos.com/forum/showthread.php?9587-Wldlife-of-Edmonds-WA-2014/page39

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA