[Tweeters] re: WA Birder 2013 List Reporting-clarification on my orignal comments

Scott Downes downess at charter.net
Mon Jan 27 15:11:31 PST 2014

Tweets,
Kevin Lucas posted something earlier today quoting something from me that I had posted to BirdYak. Then I was exploring the comments on the Ridgefield issue and see that he made further comments about me there (he confirmed to me in a private email that I was the Yakima County birder he was referring to in those comments). I don't wish to get into any conflict, but feel the need to make clarification so that others don't make assumptions. I never implied or had a desire to imply any criteria that Ken and Laurie Knittle use to form their list reports. I enjoy their process and hard work they do and have been submitting totals for years. In my original post to BirdYak, which Kevin quoted on Tweeters today, I was merely pointing out that it should not be assumed that all listing rules that the ABA employs are followed by Washington Birder. I suggested that if there was confusion about rules that the Knittle's could be asked directly rather than making assumptions. Somehow this got turned into a discussion about the ABA Code of Ethics (based on his Flckr comment on the Ridgefield photos). That was never my intention. I assume that all listing organizations and most birding organizations in general endorse that Code of Ethics.

Scott Downes
downess at charter.net
Yakima WA