[Tweeters] Current Issue of Audubon Magazine-Photoghahy awards and Disqualification Discusion

ck park travelgirl.fics at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 09:04:46 PST 2014

I suppose it depends on your definition of "photograph" versus "digital
image".

mine definition? if i clone away dust bunnies, crop, or maybe apply a bit
of sharpness, to me it's still a photograph. the image is as i saw it.
if, however, i alter the shape(s) of something, alter colours (obvious
saturation, HDR, etc) and/or clone away distracting poles, buildings,
trees, etc, what you would see is no longer as i saw it, and therefore,
while it may be beautiful, interesting, etc, it is a digital image, an
interpretation that is no longer a photograph.

this definition is mine, and while shared by many, is not a universal
definition. as well, some folks today believe "photograph" == "digital
image", that there may be no inherent difference between the two.

your mileage may vary.

00 caren
http://www.ParkGallery.org
george davis creek, north fork