[Tweeters] Spring songs in Port Angeles

judy mullally judyemull at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 24 19:39:00 PST 2014

I know spring has to be moving our direction when last week I heard no fewer than 6 song sparrows in full voice competing grandly for attention within 25 yards of each other. Then yesterday (23rd) I heard my first Bewick's wren lustily proclaiming his presence and saw my first salmon berry blossoms and Indian plum leaf buds fringed edges as they begin to open. Today (24th) a Hutton's vireo sang both "up" and "down" songs as I  hiked on Mount Pleasant.

The snow goose was also present in the grass at Civic Field again with the large group of Canada geese.

Judy Mullally Port Angeles judyemull at yahoo dot com