[Tweeters] Kenya RFI

Ed Swan edswan at centurytel.net
Fri Jan 24 15:49:38 PST 2014

My wife and I have used two different Princeton Guides several times in
Kenya: Birds of East Africa by Terry Stevenson and John Fanshawe which is
more specific to the area and quite good and Birds of Africa South of the
Sahara by Ian Sinclair and Peter Ryan. We liked have two different guides,
the artwork in each sometimes emphasizes different features.

My wife has a lot greater experience in Kenya but not much time to go to
particular birding locations but we went together to Tsavo West National
Park which was pretty amazing. We had Secretary Birds land right next to us
and saw a wide range of bird species. Mida Creek on the coast also had a
nice walk a canoe tour.

Ed

Ed Swan

Check out the new The Birds of Vashon Island at
<http://www.theswancompany.com> www.theswancompany.com

Guide

Birding Vashon Island and Beyond

206.463.7976