[Tweeters] A Few Good Birds

mlfrey at comcast.net mlfrey at comcast.net
Wed Jan 22 17:44:00 PST 2014

Thanks to our esteemed leader, Phil Kelley, and other wonderful birders, we had a nice day at Nisqually today. The bird of the day was the NORTHERN SHRIKE.
Despite the large group, we all managed to form smaller ones which included some great experts.
After, I drove up to Hawk’s Prairie Reclaimed Ponds (Marvin Road NE & 29th Ave NE) where I spotted the two BLACK PHOEBES reported earlier. To my delight,
a female RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET made a brief “hello” on the reeds in front of me.

Mary Frey
Covington, WA