[Tweeters] Capitol Lake photo ID fun

Teresa Michelsen teresa at avocetconsulting.com
Tue Jan 21 00:16:20 PST 2014

Hi all,

Finally being sunny, I heedlessly abandoned my work and took my new camera
out to look at ducks (and one gull). I had a couple of minor ID challenges
but hope I got them all right:

Barrow's Goldeneye in flight (hardest one but I think that's what it is):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shadowmeteresa/12065900626/in/set-7215763801125
9354

Female Lesser Scaup?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shadowmeteresa/12065013485/in/set-7215763801125
9354/

First-year Glaucous-winged Gull:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shadowmeteresa/12065409644/in/set-7215763801125
9354/

Here are a couple of the best from a recent trip to Santa Cruz/San Diego:

Audubon's Warbler:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shadowmeteresa/12065409644/in/set-7215763801125
9354/

Anna's Hummer all ruffled up from preening:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shadowmeteresa/12018179985/in/set-7215763801125
9354/

And of course more from both of these days if you feel like looking J my
Ruby-crowned Kinglet from CA is a tad out of focus, but I consider it a
triumph nevertheless, considering how long it took to get him to stand
still! Of course the foliage behind him is in perfect focus. It's that
auto-focus thing, which is the next thing I'm going to have to work on.

Teresa Michelsen

Olympia, WA