[Tweeters] Where Have All the Shorebirds Gone?

Carol Riddell cariddellwa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 22:28:11 PST 2014

When birding recently, since the first of the year, at Snohomish County's Boe Road, I watched thousands of Dunlin flying over Port Susan Bay. We have not seen large flocks of Dunlin on the Edmonds waterfront and there have only been a few Sanderlings there this winter. Black-bellied Plover sightings in Edmonds are always rare. It would be interesting to know what the numbers are like for these three species in Jefferson County.

Carol Riddell
Edmonds, Wa