[Tweeters] Wilderness protection

Connie Sidles constancesidles at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 18:46:18 PST 2014

Hey tweets, Today I received the alert below from Seattle Audubon Society about an easy, simple thing we can all do to protect wilderness in our state. I went to the site that SAS linked to in the email below and voted “yes” in the poll. It took me maybe 4 seconds. I noticed only 1245 people had responded. I know we in the birding community can do better than that!! Please take half a moment to make your views known on this important issue.

In other news, the Fill was really busy today but most of the activity was supplied by American Robins and European Starlings. We haven’t had the giant starling-balls we’ve experienced in the past that blot out the sun (admittedly easy to do in a Seattle winter) and swish back and forth changing the ball-shape into weird Rorschach images that always seem to remind me of Dick Cheney somehow. Dick did not appear today, but I could see he wanted to.

Also on view, a beautiful male Redhead close to shore at East Point. His glowing head warmed my heart, even as my fingers froze on my binocs. A great day, as always. - Connie, Seattle

constancesidles at gmail.com

Hello:
Today we received the following email from Graham Taylor, a Sierra Club Organizer and Marbled Murrelet Coalition partner:

“Hi folks. Today is a huge day for our land and water conservation efforts in Washington State. Congressman Kilmer and Senator Murray have just introduced legislation to protect 125,000 acres of Wilderness and designate 19 rivers as Wild and Scenic. Please show your support in the local news poll to help us beef up our numbers. Our press release will go out shortly.

Poll is located on right hand side of the page. Please forward also. Thanks!
http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/”