[Tweeters] "J" Dive sound from a perch

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Sun Jan 12 10:58:51 PST 2014

Hi Tweeters:

I have been watching the hummer activity out front and discovered the sound of the "J" dive I thought was happening, was actually coming from a perched hummer.

Could someone please confirm this and if it is a common occurence or perhaps a juvenile checking out his/her voice. It looks like a female, but wondering if it might be a juvenile male.

Caryn / Wedgwood

I have a couple of tube feeders on some hanging baskets. The metal "stands" that came with them kept sinking into the pot. I took a bamboo skewer and slid it through the chain links at just beneath the feeder and it makes a great little perch for feeding. It must be warmer on their feet than the metal! :)