[Tweeters] RFI - Seattle to Glacier

Guy McWethy lguy_mcw at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 13:04:04 PST 2014

The Whole Mission Valley there is great winter birding.
Especially Raptors (All the falcons,100's of  RL Hawk, SE Owl, Goshawk, Snowy Owl, etc)
Should check out the National Bison Range, and both Nine Pipe and Pablo NWR.
and all the valley roads in between.
Bison Range has all the major ungulates, and you can generally park right next to them ...

West Post Creek road and Dublin Gulch Road south of Nine Pipe are worth a cruise for raptors.
There is (or used to be) a large hedge-row running south of Duck Road, near the corner with Hwy 93.  Just north of Nine Pipe.
You can (could) walk right down it.  Good place for Goshawk in the winter.

If you stop at the Owl Institute, say hello to Denver Holt for me ;)
Ask him if he has seen any Aardvarks ....

Guy McWethy
Renton, WA
mailto: lguy_mcw at yahoo.com