[Tweeters] Re: Vashon Island, January 6, 2014

Jason Hernandez jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 7 20:55:55 PST 2014

I was at Vashon today (January 7).  Looked for the yellow-billed loon, but only found a common loon, just exactly where you described the yellow-billed.  Concur with the Eurasian widgeon -- a bit further north, right at the parking area where Dockton Road becomes Chautauqua Beach Road, but was not able to discern the hybrid.  I will say there were a lot of what looked to me like horned grebes everywhere; but I am not that familiar with winter grebes.

Jason Hernandez