[Tweeters] Monroe Gyrfalcon

Warren Clemans wumpusbear at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 19:49:37 PST 2014

I took my 9 year old son and his friend up to try to see the Gyrfalcon
today. There were a handful of other folks looking, but no bird at first.
We got our hopes up with a light falcon in the top of a tree, but it was a
peregrine. We had decided that a peregrine was still a pretty good find
when folks spotted the Gyr in a nearby tree. It then flew to the exact
same spot where the peregrine had been a few minutes before. The kids (and
the dad) were, needless to say, thrilled.

A few photos here:

The peregrine: http://www.flickr.com/photos/63285381@N00/11791127213/

And the Gyr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/63285381@N00/11791301374/
In flight: http://www.flickr.com/photos/63285381@N00/11791215614/
Perched: http://www.flickr.com/photos/63285381@N00/11791035343/

Thanks to all who have been reporting on this magnificent bird. You made
our day!

Best,
Warren