[Tweeters] Snohomish County Cranes and Owls

Carol Riddell cariddellwa at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 08:19:54 PST 2014

1. I got an email from a friend with a very recent report of the four Sandhill Cranes at a field near Lake Tye on the west edge of Monroe. Perhaps they are using that location in addition to the one on Old Snohomish-Monroe Road. If you are seeking them and can't find them near The Treosti Road intersection (the Gyr field), then it might be worth continuing on to Lake Tye, assuming the fog ever leaves the river bottoms.

2. Yesterday Ann Marie Wood and I got good looks at the Norman Road immature Harris's Sparrow, following our foggy view of the Gyrfalcon. We then continued west where we watched a Barn Owl fly on Boe Road, a Barred Owl perched on a utility line on Thomle Road, and ended the day about 4 pm with a Short-eared Owl flight at Eide Road

Carol Riddell
Edmonds, Wa