[Tweeters] Grays Harbor CBC-early results

Dianna Moore dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com
Sat Jan 4 23:19:14 PST 2014

Hey Tweets:

Thanks to all who came out to the coast today to help count birds...sun
block was needed!

Preliminary reports are of the just-reported barn swallows the Wang
father/son team found, one lone turkey vulture in the Ocosta area, just
east of Bottle Beach SP, more than one report of a Lincoln's Sparrow, NO
pelicans (good news), a palm warbler in the scotch broom field across the
road on the east side of the Coastal Interpretive Center, one Western
Screech Owl, large numbers of bushtits, huge numbers of scoters, and a
flock of 304 Canvasbacks at Bowerman, just outside the Grays Harbor NWR.

I still have not seen reports yet from Bottle Beach SP or Westport, so
there may be more surprises. I'll let you know when I get it compiled.

Dianna Moore
Ocean Shores