[Tweeters] Cassin's Auklet

Pete Fahey peterfahey at comcast.net
Thu Jan 2 19:27:49 PST 2014

Hi Birders:

This morning I was birding along the Puget Sound coast from Alki to south of
Burien. At the lower level Lincoln Park parking lot I observes a small gray
alcid, and immediately recorded Cassin's Auklet. After returning home
tonight I realized that this is a code five bird in King County. What I saw
was a small (smaller the Pigeon Guillemots it was near) all gray alcid with
a very visible white "eyebrow." I was very close to the ferry dock. I
will update my e-bird record to indicate what I saw.

Pete Fahey

Snoqualmie, WA

---