[Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co., WA) 2014-01-02

Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Thu Jan 2 19:27:44 PST 2014

Tweets – we really had a fine start to the New Year at Marymoor today. Yeah, it was overcast and we had a trivial amount of mizzle, but it was over 40 degrees with little wind and with some birdiness. Not a lot of real highlights, but a good day anyway.

Highlights:

Cooper’s/Sharpie First accip. of the year, and we couldn’t tell
Virginia Rail Responded *faintly* from start of boardwalk
Herring Gull ??? Looked good, but gulls would NOT allow approach
Pileated Woodpecker Been a good fall/winter for them
MERLIN Taiga subspecies, at sunrise near mansion
Northern Shrike Adult, East Meadow
Pacific Wren At least one, seen, Big Cottonwood Forest

There was a COYOTE in Lot B just before 8:00 a.m.

I also birded Marymoor yesterday afternoon, concentrating on portions of the park that we don’t cover usually.

Highlights yesterday:

WH.-THROATED SPARROW THREE in a bush north of the Rowing Club building
Purple Finch Several even further north of RC west of slough

We tried, and failed, to relocate the White-throated Sparrows today.

So, for the day yesterday, 42 species, for today, 52 species, and for 2014, we’re up to 56 species.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com