[Tweeters] Longview Rusty Blackbird

Russ Koppendrayer russkope at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 15:40:53 PST 2014

Hi Tweeters,

At the compilation dinner for the Cowlitz/Columbia CBC last night (1/1/14)
Ramona Leber and her sister - sorry I'm not sure of her name - had photos
of a non-breeding male RUSTY BLACKBIRD that they had found in west
Longview. They gave me an address of 2266 52nd Ave so I went out there this
afternoon and was able to relocate the bird fairly quickly. This is a
fairly new addition and the blackbird flock was using a number of rooftops
as perches. Homes are close together but there is open non developed space
behind them on both sides of the street.Large drainage canals a short
distance away or unseen backyard feeders may be the attraction. This
neighborhood is a block or so north of SR 4 on 52nd in the very west end of
Longview.

Russ Koppendrayer
Longview, WA
russkopeATgmailDOTcom