[Tweeters] JBLM Chambers Lake - Cinnamon Teal - 1-1-14

Denis DeSilvis avnacrs4birds at outlook.com
Wed Jan 1 14:18:37 PST 2014

Tweeters,

Among all the ducks at Chambers Lake on Joint Base Lewis McChord just past
noon today was a male CINNAMON TEAL feeding with several Green-winged Teals.
There may have been a female Cinnamon Teal with the male, at least from the
way the two birds were off to the side of the main group of teals - and
staying close together. I reported this finding also on eBird. (I wish I'd
brought my camera!!)

Also, my first bird of the year at home in Roy was a Cooper's Hawk - I was
out front. I looked around, figuring a predator was nearby, and sure enough,
perched in a maple was a Coop.

May all your birds be identified,

Denis DeSilvis

Roy, WA