[Tweeters] Happy New Year!

Diann MacRae tvulture at gmx.com
Wed Jan 1 12:13:42 PST 2014

Hi, Tweets

I meant to post this yesterday - dog Eirick and I made our final walk for the year on Brightwater's great trails late yesterday afternoon. Not many birds this late; seven robins, several mallards plus perhaps other species in the few we saw flying later. Too dark to see. Then I looked up and there was the wonderful river of crows that passes our area on their aerial highway to their UW-Bothell roosting site. It is so exciting to see thousands upon thousands (no exagerration) of birds overhead in a fairly narrow pathway. We finally left about 4:45 and they were still going. I first saw them at 4:15 in case anyone wants to look up!!

Happy New Year to everyone. My first bird this morning was a junco (because I didn't get up early enough!). Anna's came later (or probably earlier).

Cheers, Diann

Diann MacRae
Olympic Vulture Study
22622 - 53rd Avenue S.E.