[Tweeters] Edmonds Brants

Carol Riddell cariddellwa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 17:27:56 PST 2014

Dennis and Tweeters,

Brants are in Edmonds marine waters in the fall. The first sighting this year was November 10th. I reported that on November 15th. The numbers have been slowly increasing but the geese remain in the offshore waters, best seen by scope. They are reflected in many ebird checklists for the Edmonds Waterfront ebird hotspot. I guess most think of the Brant as a spring bird because that is when it starts bulking up on sea lettuces, closer to shore, before it migrates north for the summer. That is when we all get our best views of this species.

Carol Riddell
Edmonds, Wa