[Tweeters] Pierce County Acorn Woodpeckers

mcharest at wamail.net mcharest at wamail.net
Tue Dec 30 12:36:54 PST 2014

I Followed up on Rex Takasugi's report from yesterday of an Acorn
Woodpecker on the Oakwood Golf Course in Lakewood. Thanks for the report!

I was there pretty early and there were few golfers at 8, then came back a
bit later and saw 2 birds at around 9ish.

There were actually 2 birds there. I talked to the very friendly grounds
crew who said it would be fine to walk the path around the 10th hole but
to give the golfers plenty of room. I first saw one bird near the 10th
hole tee on the oaks between the tee and the driving range. I followed as
that bird worked its way to the 10th hole green where I saw it together
with another bird. They were vocal at times and covered a lot of area.
They spent most of their time around the 10th green as reported yesterday.

Great Pierce County Birds, cool to see them.

Ebird checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S21082984

Have a great day,

Michael Charest
mcharest at wamail.net