[Tweeters] Olympic Peninsula, 28 December 2014

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Tue Dec 30 09:38:51 PST 2014

Hello, tweets.

Crossing from Edmonds to Kingston in the morning, I was surprised to see flocks of Brants on the water, mostly in Kitsap Co. At least 100 birds in a half-dozen flocks. I’m used to seeing this in the spring, but I didn’t expect it in midwinter.

At the spit at Fort Flagler State Park there were approximately 100 Black Turnstones, 20 Sanderlings, 15 Black-bellied Plovers, 12 Surfbirds and 10 Dunlins. There were doubtless more out on Indian Island, as birds were flying back and forth.

-----
Dennis Paulson
1724 NE 98 St.
Seattle, WA 98115