[Tweeters] Acorn Woodpecker in Lakewood at Oakbrook Golf Course

Rex S. Takasugi rextak at msn.com
Mon Dec 29 17:19:23 PST 2014

I was playing golf today (12/29/2014) at the RMG at Oakwood Golf Course
(formerly the Oakwood Golf & Country Club) in Lakewood (south of Tacoma),
and while walking off the 10th green I heard and saw an Acorn Woodpecker up
in one of the oak trees that surround the back of the 10th green. You don't
have to go onto the golf course to see this bird (assuming it stays there),
as Sapphire Drive runs right next to the 10th green (golfers have to cross
that street to get to the 11th tee). I've seen a lot of Acorn Woodpeckers
in northern California, but this was the first one I've seen in Washington.
Pretty cool!

Good birding!

Rex Takasugi

Kent, WA