[Tweeters] Mukilteo Marbled Murrelets

Carol Riddell cariddellwa at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 12:09:17 PST 2014

I did the sea watch this morning for the Mukilteo area of the Edmonds CBC. I had forgotten how relatively abundant Marbled Murrelets can be when watching from the state park or from north of the ferry dock, much more so than in Edmonds. I had about 8 of them in the near and mid-shore waters. One Ancient Murrelet rocketed its way south in the offshore waters.

So if anyone needs Marbled Murrelet for a year bird, there is still an opportunity that is fairly reliable at this site. They can usually be seen with binoculars, but a scope would be ideal.

Carol Riddell
Edmonds, Wa