[Tweeters] pix -- dark-backed Lesser Goldfinch ...

Lyn Topinka pointers at pacifier.com
Fri Dec 19 12:24:08 PST 2014

hi all ... I finally got some good looks at the dark-backed Lesser
Goldfinch which has been hanging around our neighborhood for a week
or so ... he's not totally black on the back but just very dark ...
he definitely stands out ... this is the first time we've seen him on
the seed sock ... images shot through a double-paned plate-glass
window ... enjoy, Lyn

http://northwestbirding.com/Images14Dec/vancouver_lesser_goldfinch_dark-backed_12-19-14.jpg

http://northwestbirding.com/Images14Dec/vancouver_lesser_goldfinch_dark-backed_12-19-14_B.jpg

a more "normal" patterned Lesser on the left, dark-backed on the right ...
http://northwestbirding.com/Images14Dec/vancouver_lesser_goldfinch_dark-backed_12-19-14_C.jpg

Lyn Topinka,
NorthwestJourney.com
NorthwestBirding.com