[Tweeters] Kittitas County

mlfrey at comcast.net mlfrey at comcast.net
Tue Dec 16 14:49:42 PST 2014

I enjoyed a great field trip in Kittitas County lead by Charlie Wright & Roger Orness on Sunday. We were in an older residential neighborhood
in Cle Elum when Charlie spotted a flock of Bohemian Waxwings. A larger flock was seen a little later in another area. We saw
many, many raptors in the Kittitas countryside including a Prairie Falcon, American Kestrels, Rough-Legged Hawks, Bald Eagles, Cooper’s Hawks &
Red-tailed Hawks. One RTHA had a prominent white chest. Near Vantage we got great looks at a Loggerhead Shrike. On the drive back, (thanks
Ed & Kay Pullen for driving) Trumpeter Swans were in the Yakima River & in a pond near Cle Elum. Great day!

Mary Frey
Covington