[Tweeters] Backyard Birds in Edmonds near Firdale Village

Sarah Eskenazi seskenazi2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 16:44:43 PST 2014

We have our fair share of birds right now in the yard and at the feeders; Juncos, Chestnut and Black-capped Chickadees, Nuthatches, Brown Creepers, Bushtits, Anna's Hummingbirds, SpottedTowhees, Winter and Bewick's Wrens, Golden-crowned Kinglet and a Song and a Sooty Fox Sparrow, along with our woodpeckers; Northern Flickers, Pileated, Hairy and Downy.

But I've never seen a Swainson's Thrush! It could have been a Hermit Thrush as I've never seen either of them. The one that I saw in the yard yesterday was not eating, but just sitting on a table looking around. I wondered if he got blown off course. Aren't they all supposed to be in Mexico? Any help on identifying or if either of these Thrushes are still around would be appreciated.

Sarah Eskenazi