[Tweeters] Yellow-billed Loon at Tramp Harbor, Vashon Island

Ezra Parker ezra at cfgrok.com
Sun Dec 7 00:39:51 PST 2014

Just after the conclusion of our survey window for the PSSS on Saturday,
Harsi Parker and I located a Yellow-billed Loon from the Tramp Harbor
fishing pier on Vashon Island.

We had good looks at the bird from the end of the pier at a distance of
about 300-500m to the southeast. It was spending most of its time actively
preening while we were watching it, and appeared to be a first winter bird
-- see the eBird report for further details:

This may be a continuing individual, as there was an earlier YBLO sighting
from a nearby location about 2 weeks ago.

For the last two years, we have managed to count YBLO on the Vashon CBC, so
hopefully this is an auspicious sign for our upcoming count on January 4th.

--
Ezra Parker
Vashon, WA
ezra at cfgrok.com